Date of Report: May 18, 2017
We have received significant rain this week and there may be standing water on the trails. When you encounter water on the trail PLEASE SLOW DOWN for your safety and to protect the trail surface and surrounding landscape & vegetation.
The Hwy 182 bridge (ATV & UTV route) in Park Falls will be replaced during the summer of 2017. Construction is scheduled to begin May 30 and is expected to last through October 31. According to the Price County ATV Association there will be no alternate route available to cross the Flambeau River in the City of Park Falls. Those planning to ride both the Flambeau Trail System, located in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest east of Park Falls, and the Tuscobia State Trail, located west of Park Falls, will have to trailer their machines and follow the marked detour that is for vehicle use. The detour is on roads that will not be open to ATV or UTV traffic.
See below for spring/summer scheduled opening dates. Opening dates may be delayed if the trail surface remains wet and muddy. Please call ahead to check the status prior to traveling a long distance.
- Tuscobia State Trail (62 miles) ~ OPEN – The trail is in good condition.
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles) ~ OPEN – This spring there has been significant beaver activity in the forest and along the trails. Currently there are active timber sales on trail 118C-101 by Wintergreen Lake Road and on 118A-111 near FR 144, west of Round Lake.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles) ~ OPEN – Some repairs are being made on the bridges, but they will be usable by opener.
- Georgetown Trail (18.8 miles) ~ OPEN – There is a logging operation near White Birch Lane; watch for signs along the trail.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles) ~ OPEN – There is a 1/2 mile detour north of Feleen Road, which will reopen after they gravel that stretch.
- Pine Line / Price-Taylor Rail Trail ~ Closed for the 2016-2017 winter season. This trail is open ATV & UTV use in the winter when the trail is also open to snowmobile use.