Date of Report: June 19, 2017
- Tuscobia State Trail (62 miles) ~ PARTIALLY OPEN – The section of trail from Park Falls west to the Price County line is open. Due to storm damage, two sections in Sawyer County (west of the Price County line) are closed until repaired – one just west of Radisson, one just east of Birchwood. Sawyer County has established alternative routes around these closed sections. See the DNR webpage: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/tuscobia/ for more information.
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles) ~ OPEN – Crews have been assessing the recent storm damage and are reporting multiple trees down, some minor washouts, and some flooding on the trail. However they have been making progress on sawing out the trees and we are working on getting a dozer in once things dry out some. The trail will remain open at this time. Riders are asked to ride with caution and at a safe and prudent speed for conditions, and if there is water over the trail to check first for washouts that may not be visible under the water. There is active logging on trails 118C-101 by Wintergreen Lake Road, and on trail 118A-111 by FR 144, just to the west of Round Lake. Trail users may encounter temporary delays when log trucks are loading, but logging activity is only on weekdays. Brushing may be taking place as well, so please ride aware and with caution as equipment may be on the trail. Please contact Brady Howe at email@example.com with the location of the issue so we may address it immediately.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles) ~ OPEN – Repairs are being made on the bridges. The trail remains open and can be ridden without any issue.
- Georgetown Trail (18.8 miles) ~ OPEN – The trails are wet after receiving a lot of rain. I have not had any reports of any washouts though. The logging continues on the Georgetown trail from the Nine Mile Creek bridge to where the trail crosses White Birch Lane. Watch for signs along the trail and slow down for safety.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles) ~ OPEN – There is a 1/2 mile detour on the north end of the Forest trail, north of Feleen Road, between Hwy E and Hwy 70. This detour is about 200 yards; it will reopen after they gravel that stretch.
- Pine Line / Price-Taylor Rail Trail ~ Closed for the 2016-2017 winter season. This trail is open ATV & UTV use in the winter when the trail is also open to snowmobile use.
News and Reports:
City of Park Falls – CLOSURE – The Hwy 182 bridge (ATV & UTV route) in Park Falls is CLOSED for construction. It is expected to be closed through October 31, 2017. According to the Price County ATV Association there will be no alternate route available for ATVs and UTVs to cross the Flambeau River in the City of Park Falls. Riders who are planning to ride both the Flambeau Trail System, located in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest east of Park Falls, and the Tuscobia State Trail, located west of Park Falls, will have to trailer their machines. From Hwy 182 on the east side of the river, take Case Avenue south/left, go west/right on Grunerwald Road then take Hwy 13 north/right to Park Falls. Reverse these directions if you are on the west side of the river.