Date of Report: May 23, 2018
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles)~ OPEN May 1 through March 15 – The trail is getting a bit dusty as it hasn’t rained much since the snow melted. There is active logging on trail 118A-111 by Hwy 182, so please use caution as logging equipment is crossing the trail. A few culverts have some minor erosion issues, but all in all the trails are in good condition! Trail users are asked to ride with caution, and remember to keep an eye out for water over the trail as the beavers have been really active this spring. Please report any issues, especially water over the trail, to Brady Howe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-762-5104 and leave a detailed note on where the issue is.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles)~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – The Solberg trail is going to be closed from the parking lot across from the boat landing to FR 508 due to unsafe bridge conditions starting 5/24/18. We will have signs up noting the reroute going around on the town road. The section of the trail that goes west off of FR 508 remains open.
- Georgetown Trail (15.8 miles)~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – .The Georgetown Trail is in good shape for ATV, UTV and Off-road Motorcycle riding. Georgetown has logging started just west of where the trail crosses Skinner Cr. Rd. Logging ahead signs are up on each side of the logging job.
- Tuscobia State Trail (64 miles)~ OPEN April 16 through November 15 – There is a small washout about a mile east of Draper by Hathaway Road at the culvert; it is passable and has green markers on it. A trail repair has been scheduled to begin on May 15 east of Winter in Sawyer County and is expected to take one month. The west end of the reroute goes north out of Winter on County Road W, and the east end of the reroute goes north off of Hwy. 70 on Clover Road.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles)~ OPEN May 15 through November 15 – The trail is in very good condition. Please be aware there is a stretch of trail on Hines Grade Road that is in need of some repair work; half of the road bed has washed away. It is clearly marked and still passable.
- Pine Line / Price-Taylor Rail Trail/Prentice Area~ CLOSED through November 30 – The Price County section of the trail allows ATV and UTV use December through March 31 when snowmobile trails are officially open.
News and Reports:
From the Northwoods Off Road Rally Facebook page – The Park Falls Mud Run will be held on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend at 1 p.m. It will be held in the vacant lot next to the tennis courts where the Flambeau Rama Carnival is normally located. There will trophies and prizes for participants. There will also be a mud run on Saturday in Phillips Wisconsin the location is yet to be determined. Terry Palecek Trucking and Bulldozing is donating their time and equipment to prepare the mud pit. If you see Terry or any of his staff be sure to thank them for helping out. Contact 715-661-2315 for information.