Trail Conditions: Good
Date of Report: June 19, 2018
Date of Report: June 19, 2018
ATV, UTV & Off-Road Motorcycle Trail Report – 6/19/18
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 15 – The trail is open. We had a major rain event June 14-17, 2018. The trail managers are assessing the trail system for flood damage. Ride with caution. The brusher is currently working south of Hwy 70 between Wintergreen and Sailor Lake. Logging is taking place on trail 118A-111 by Hwy 182, so please use caution as logging equipment may be crossing the trail. Please report any issues, especially water over the trail, to Brady Howe at email@example.com or 715-762-5104 and leave a detailed message on where the issue is. Maps of the trail system are available for free for smartphones via the Avenza PDF Maps app, which is free – https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cnnf/maps-pubs/?cid=fseprd530550.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – The trail is open following the June 14-17 rain event. The Solberg Trail had brushing and grading done to the open section (non-detour section), so it is in very good riding shape. Due to unsafe bridge conditions, there is a detour in place from the parking located on E. Solberg Lake Road to FR 508. There is a sign posted noting the reroute which uses a town road. The section of the trail north of the bridge remains open from FR 508 going north. The reroute will be in place until late-summer.
- Georgetown Trail (15.8 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – The Georgetown Trail is in good shape for ATV, UTV and Off-road Motorcycle riding. There are two active logging operations. One starts just north of the White Birch Lane parking lot and ends at the White Birch Lane trail intersection. The other is just west of where the trail crosses Skinner Creek Road. Watch for signs and slow down for your safety and for the safety of the workers.
- Tuscobia State Trail (64 miles) ~ OPEN April 16 through November 15 – Due to a severe washout, there is a TRAIL CLOSURE west of Park Falls from the Tuscobia’s intersection with County Highway E, and going west to its intersection with West Buckhorn Road. Click here for the detour map. There is a small washout about a mile east of Draper by Hathaway Road at the culvert; it is passable and has green markers on it. Beginning July 9 (originally scheduled to begin June 18), there will be a detour for a trail repair east of Winter near Sundling Road in Sawyer County through July 25, 2018. There will be signs posted for the reroute. For questions regarding the detour, contact Sawyer County Forestry at 715-634-4846.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles) ~ OPEN May 15 through November 15 – Prior to June 14-17, 2018 rain event –
The trail is in very good condition. Please be aware there is a stretch of trail on Hines Grade Road that is in need of some repair work; half of the road bed has washed away. It is clearly marked and still passable.