Date of Report: September 13, 2018
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 15 – Report date 9/10/18 –
Weather conditions are perfect for getting out and enjoying the trails. Things are getting a little dusty in a few spots but otherwise things are looking great. There are currently no active timber sales on the trails. Starting on Monday next week USFS crews will be working on redoing the deck on the bridge at Riley Creek, between FR 144 and 118A-111 and ask that trail users please avoid using this segment during this time as the bridge will be impassible for short periods. If any trail users encounter a plugged culvert or water over the trail please contact Brady Howe at 715-762-5104 or email@example.com. Saturday, September 22 is National Public Lands Day, which is a Fee Free Day on your National Forests. Day use fees are waived on this day at areas such as boat ramps, trail heads and picnic areas.
Trail manager – Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest – 715-762-2461.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – Report date 9/4/18 – The Solberg Trail had brushing and grading done to the open section (non-detour section), so it is in very good riding shape. Due to unsafe bridge conditions, there is a detour in place from the parking area located on E. Solberg Lake Road to FR 508. There is a sign posted noting the reroute which uses a town road. The section of the trail north of the bridge remains open from FR 508 going north. The reroute will be in place until late-summer. Trail manager – Price County Forestry & Parks Department – 715-339-6371.
- Georgetown Trail (15.8 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – Report date 9/4/18 – The Georgetown Trail is in OK condition overall for ATV, UTV and Off-road Motorcycle riding. Trail manager – Price County Forestry & Parks Department – 715-339-6371.
- Tuscobia State Trail (64 miles) ~ OPEN April 16 through November 15 – The Tuscobia State Trail is detoured between County Highway E and Buckhorn Road in Price County where there is a large washout. The detour is via County Highway E and West Buckhorn Road. Riders will find another detour just east of Winter to Clover Road. DETOURS – Click here for the detour maps. Trail manager – Natural Resources Property Supervisor – 715-669-4342.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles) ~ OPEN May 15 through November 15 – Report date 8/29/18 – The ATV/UTV trail system is in good condition. Use caution north of Hwy w, as there is an active timber sale in progress. Slow down in work zones for your safety and for the safety of the loggers as they work. Trail manager – Flambeau River State Forest – 715-332-5271.