Date of Report: November 2, 2017
- Tuscobia State Trail (64 miles) ~ OPEN in Price County; Sawyer County OPEN with Detours – The section of trail from Park Falls west to the Price County line is open. In Sawyer County (to the west of Price County), there is a closed section with a detour in place using Wooddale Road (anticipated to reopen in mid-November). See the DNR webpage, http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/tuscobia/, for more information.
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles) ~ OPEN –
The gravel pit at Clover Creek on FR 513 is currently active and closed to through traffic. This is a popular connector route for people going from Trail 121 to 101. The mud hole on 118 LN has been drained and filled. As conditions allow, additional work will be done at that segment of trail, but it is now passable without the worry of getting stuck. Beavers have been very active on the Trail 101 and have plugged multiple culverts in the past week. If you notice water flowing across the trail, please contact Brady Howe at the USFS at email@example.com or 715-762-5104 so the issue can be mitigated.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles) ~ OPEN – Repairs are being made on the bridges. The trail remains open and can be ridden.
- Georgetown Trail (18.8 miles) ~ OPEN – The trail is in good condition. There is a logging operation underway from the Carpenter Creek parking lot and continuing for the first ½ mile of the trail. Riders should slow down and watch for equipment and trucks through this stretch.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles) ~ OPEN – There is a 1/2 mile detour on the north end of the trail (north of Feleen Road) between Hwy E and Hwy 70. This detour is about 200 yards.
- Pine Line / Price-Taylor Rail Trail ~ Closed – This trail is only open to ATV & UTV use in the winter when the trail is officially open to snowmobile use; typically mid-December into March.
- Price County Highway routes are closed October 15 to May 15. Municipality (city and town) routes and trails remain open.