Date of Report: June 13, 2017
Price County received up to 5.5 inches of rain on on 06/11/17. Watch for standing water, washouts and branches/trees on the trails. Check back for updates.
- Tuscobia State Trail (62 miles) ~ PARTIALLY CLOSED – Due to storm damages, sections of the Tuscobia State Trail are closed until repaired. See the DNR webpage: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/tuscobia/
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles) ~ OPEN – There is active logging on trails 118C-101 by Wintergreen Lake Road, and on trail 118A-111 by FR 144, just to the west of Round Lake. Trail users may encounter temporary delays when log trucks are loading, but logging activity is only on weekdays. We anticipate our contract brushing to start any day now as well, so please ride aware and with caution as equipment may be on the trail. We believe that we have gotten to all of our culverts that the beavers have plugged, but if you notice any water running over the trail please contact Brady Howe at email@example.com with the location of the issue so we may address it immediately.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles) ~ OPEN – Repairs are being made on the bridges. The trail remains open and can be ridden without any issue.
- Georgetown Trail (18.8 miles) ~ OPEN – The trails are wet after receiving a lot of rain. I have not had any reports of any washouts though. The logging continues on the Georgetown trail from the Nine Mile Creek bridge to where the trail crosses White Birch Lane. Watch for signs along the trail and slow down for safety.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles) ~ OPEN – There is a detour on the north end of the Forest trail between Hwy E and Hwy 70. This detour is about 200 yards. There is a 1/2 mile detour north of Feleen Road, which will reopen after they gravel that stretch.
- Pine Line / Price-Taylor Rail Trail ~ Closed for the 2016-2017 winter season. This trail is open ATV & UTV use in the winter when the trail is also open to snowmobile use.
News and Reports:
City of Park Falls – CLOSURE – The Hwy 182 bridge (ATV & UTV route) in Park Falls is CLOSED for construction. It is expected to be closed through October 31, 2017. According to the Price County ATV Association there will be no alternate route available for ATVs and UTVs to cross the Flambeau River in the City of Park Falls. Riders who are planning to ride both the Flambeau Trail System, located in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest east of Park Falls, and the Tuscobia State Trail, located west of Park Falls, will have to trailer their machines. From Hwy 182 on the east side of the river, take Case Avenue south/left, go west/right on Gunerwald Road then take Hwy 13 north/right to Park Falls. Reverse these directions if you are on the west side of the river.