Trail Conditions: Good
Date of Report: August 7, 2018
Date of Report: August 7, 2018
ATV, UTV & Off-Road Motorcycle Trail Report – 8/7/18
- Flambeau Trail System (70 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 15 – The trail is in good riding condition. On Sunday afternoon
(August 5, 2018) a small isolated thunderstorm hit the Flambeau Trail in the Sailor Lake area. Trails 118G-102, 118LN, and 118H-121 had trees down, primarily between FR 653 and Sailor Lake Road. USFS crews were able to saw out the trails and make them passable on Monday. The USFS Heavy Equipment crew has wrapped up their work, so trail users should not encounter any equipment on the trail. Several failed culverts were replaced, mud holes/wet spots fixed, and rough spots were bladed.
Trail manager – Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest – 715-762-2461.
- Solberg Trail (9.5 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – The Solberg Trail had brushing and grading done to the open section (non-detour section), so it is in very good riding shape. Due to unsafe bridge conditions, there is a detour in place from the parking area located on E. Solberg Lake Road to FR 508. There is a sign posted noting the reroute which uses a town road. The section of the trail north of the bridge remains open from FR 508 going north. The reroute will be in place until late-summer. Trail manager – Price County Forestry & Parks Department – 715-339-6371.
- Georgetown Trail (15.8 miles) ~ OPEN May 1 through March 14 – The Georgetown Trail is in good shape for ATV, UTV and Off-road Motorcycle riding. There are several active logging operations. One starts just north of the White Birch Lane parking lot and ends at the White Birch Lane trail intersection. Another is just west of where the trail crosses Skinner Creek Road. And another is just south of Scenic Road West. Watch for signs and slow down for your safety and for the safety of the workers. Trail manager – Price County Forestry & Parks Department – 715-339-6371.
- Tuscobia State Trail (64 miles) ~ OPEN April 16 through November 15 – The Tuscobia State Trail is closed between County Highway E and Buckhorn Road in Price County due to a large washout. Detour is via County Highway E and West Buckhorn Road. Temporary Trail Section Closure beginning July 9: A portion of the Tuscobia State Trail east of Winter to Clover Rd. will be closed beginning July 9 due to construction needed to complete washout repairs. Sawyer County will post a detour which will be effective for at least 6 weeks. DETOUR – Click here for the detour map. Trail manager – Natural Resources Property Supervisor – 715-669-4342.
- Flambeau River State Forest Trail (38 miles) ~ OPEN May 15 through November 15 – The ATV/UTV trail system is in good condition on the Flambeau River State Forest. There will be 2 logging sales beginning by July 23 along the ATV trail. Use caution and be aware of the signage indicating heavy equipment use on trails. Trail manager – Flambeau River State Forest – 715-332-5271.
- Pine Line / Price-Taylor Rail Trail/Prentice Area ~ CLOSED through November 30 – The Price County section of the trail allows ATV and UTV use December through March 31 when snowmobile trails are officially open. Click here to find Taylor County contact information for inquiries regarding their open and close dates or call 715-748-1486.