Notice: Not all snowmobile routes are open to ATVs. Click here for a current map.
Welcome to Iron River, Wisconsin, the hub of ATVing in Bayfield County. Iron River is the intersection of a number of major trails in the county with the Tri County Corridor running right through the town, providing easy access to lodging, fuel, food and entertainment.
- The Battle Axe (Trail # 3) starts just east of town. It is the beginning of a 90+ mile loop around the gorgeous Chequamegon National Forest. The breath taking view of Old Baldy can be seen from the Battle Axe Trail.
- Take the Wally Polk Memorial Trail (Trail #40) to Port Wing and follow the route through town to see and smell the cool, peacefulness of Lake Superior.
- There is access to Herbster from the Leanne Trail (Trail #1)
- Visit the Valhalla Overlook for a view from an old ski lift along the beautiful Valhalla Trail (Trail #31). Washburn can be accessed for the top of the Valhalla Trail. Ashland can be accessed via the Moquah Spur (Trail #63) and the Tri-County Corridor (#2). Follow the scenic Iron River Trail back to Iron River.
- Following Trail #31 south from the Tri-County Corridor will take you on a loop to Delta. Visit several resorts and wonderful restaurants along the way.
- Heading west from Iron River you can take the Lake Ameek (Trail #24), Bear Paw (#7), Buckskin (#31) and Horse Pasture Grade (#6) for a 60+ mile loop to Drummond and back. You’ll travel beautiful an Aspen forest and a Ruffed Grouse habitat reserve. Don’t forget to visit The Bear Creek Falls along the way. You can take the left fork and visit Barnes too.