Notice: Not all snowmobile routes are open to ATVs. Click here for a current map.
Welcome to Iron River, Wisconsin, the hub of ATVing in Bayfield County. Iron River is the intersection of a number of major trails in the county with the Tri County Corridor running right through the town, providing easy access to lodging, fuel, food and entertainment.
Come enjoy the beauty of the Chequamegon National Forest. With over 500 miles of trails to explore, you are sure to have a good time.
- The Battle Axe (Trail # 3) starts just east of town. It is the beginning of a 90+ mile loop around the gorgeous Chequamegon National Forest. The breath taking view of Old Baldy can be seen from the Battle Axe Trail.
- Take the Wally Polk Memorial Trail (Trail #40) to Port Wing and follow the route through town to see and smell the cool, peacefulness of Lake Superior.
- There is access to Herbster from the Leanne Trail (Trail #1)
- Visit the Valhalla Overlook for a view from an old ski lift along the beautiful Valhalla Trail (Trail #31). Washburn can be accessed for the top of the Valhalla Trail. Ashland can be accessed via the Moquah Spur (Trail #63) and the Tri-County Corridor (#2). Follow the scenic Iron River Trail back to Iron River.
- Following Trail #31 south from the Tri-County Corridor will take you on a loop to Delta. Visit several resorts and wonderful restaurants along the way.
- Heading west from Iron River you can take the Lake Ameek (Trail #24), Bear Paw (#7), Buckskin (#31) and Horse Pasture Grade (#6) for a 60+ mile loop to Drummond and back. You’ll travel beautiful an Aspen forest and a Ruffed Grouse habitat reserve. Don’t forget to visit The Bear Creek Falls along the way. You can take the left fork and visit Barnes too.
Many of the county’s trails lead to adjoining trails in neighboring counties such as Ashland, Price and Douglas. Come see what the snowmobile trails like during the other three seasons!
Ride your ATV from your door to the Trails at most lodging facilities. Visit our website for lodging information.
Click Here to see where Iron River, WI is located.
Click Here to see the current weather forecast for Iron River, WI